Together we work hard to support our family. It’s a big family comprised of people who hold different positions in our company. Each person who works with us is essential. We are only successful if we are all successful .
Berman Brothers and Rubin Iron Works are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression.
Rubin Iron Works’ Fab Shop Machine Operator works closely with shop lead and team to safely generate jobs utilizing press breaks, shears, and plate rollers maximizing quality, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Operates Hydraulic and Mechanical Press Brakes safely, efficiently and accurately.
- Operates Hydraulic Plate Shear safely, efficiently and accurately.
- Operates Hydraulic and Mechanical Plate Rollers safely, efficiently and accurately.
- Immediately reports maintenance and repair needs.
- Reads and understands production records, shop drawings, blueprints and database.
- Maintains equipment and work area with high housekeeping standards.
- Understands and follows company safety rules and wears all proper PPE.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 5 Years’ experience operating Press Brakes, Shears, or Plate Rollers.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate different types of equipment including overhead cranes, forklifts and basic hand tools.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent time management and written/verbal communication skills;
- Willingness to learn and be versatile
- Willing to work in an outdoor environment
- Working independently and as a team player
- Adheres to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted;
- Ability to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb and stand or be seated for extended periods.
- Maintain a positive, respectful attitude with a strong sense of honesty and reliability
- Respectfully, professionally, & ethically represent the Company at all times