Together we work hard to support our family. It’s a big family comprised of people who hold different positions in our company. Each person who works with us is essential. We are only successful if we are all successful .
Berman Brothers and Rubin Iron Works are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression.
Our Metal Warehouse/Customer Support employees serve as the face of our company fulfilling customer orders in the safest and most efficient manner. This position courteously communicates and collaborates directly with suppliers, customers, and coworkers to organize and ensure our inventory gets received or delivered properly.
- Fulfilling customer orders while maintaining inventory integrity
- Ensuring inventory integrity with physical counts and quality check-in of product
- Demonstrates proper usage and maintenance of overhead cranes, forklifts, and other steel warehouse equipment
- Maintains equipment and work area with high housekeeping standards
- Handle any company documentation accurately and thoroughly
- Maintains company equipment in clean and good working order
- Works independently with little supervision
- Understands and follows company safety rules and wears all proper PPE
- Professionally represents company at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Structural Steel
- Good math skills
- Able to read and use tape measures
- Basic understanding of OSHA safety standards for general industry
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Computer Experience
- Overhead Crane Experience
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent time management skills written/verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and be versatile
- Good Time management skills
- Respectfully, professionally and ethically represent the company at all times
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds unassisted
- Ability to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb and stand or be seated for extended periods
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic
SUPERVISOR: Maintenance Manager
Our Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for keeping all equipment & facilities operational. This includes but is not limited to heavy equipment repairs, building improvements, hot work, groundskeeping, fleet maintenance etc.
- Responsible for assisting with any maintenance projects around facility.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Maintains equipment and work area in order to safely perform duties.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Facility improvements including painting and cleaning
- Must adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards
- Professionally represent company at all times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must have ability to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb and stand or be seated for extended periods.
- Must be able to tolerate work environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, and work around/on moving equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a clear organized manner.
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial maintenance experience.
- Minimum of 2 years working with hydraulic troubleshooting & repairs.
- Ability to troubleshoot down equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems.
- Experience with basic metalworking. Welding, cutting, grinding etc.
- Experience working with heavy industrial equipment.
- Ability to read machine schematics, parts lists, and blueprints.
JOB TITLE: Heavy Equipment Operator
SUPERVISOR: Ferrous Supervisor
Our Heavy Equipment Operator loads, offloads, and processes material using while operating and maintaining our equipment the safety most efficient manner. This position courteously communicates and collaborates directly with coworkers to accurately fulfill job requirements.
- Use equipment to load and unload incoming and outgoing trucks and/or to move materials
- Operate material handler and other equipment to move material in a safe and efficient manner
- Distinguish between different grades and types of materials.
- Inspect incoming and outgoing loads, upgrading material if possible
- Assist in hand sorting material when necessary
- Responsible for physical inventory and maintaining segregated piles
- Must be willing and capable of performing all duties required to run machinery
- Provide excellent customer service
Fill out daily equipment checklist
- Unloading customer vehicles
- Communicating with Ferrous Supervisor, Customers, Scale buyer and Yard Inspector in a courteous, professional manner
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
- Understands and follows company safety rules and wears required PPE
- Paying close attention to details including safety procedures, material quality and undesirable materials
- Willing to work in other areas of the yard and perform other tasks as needed
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, organized manner
- Attention to detail
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Strong focus on customer service
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Willing to work in an outdoor environment
- Working knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous materials and/or ability to learn
- Maintain a positive, respectful attitude with a strong sense of honesty and reliability
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Willingness to learn and be versatile;
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted;
- Ability to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb and stand or be seated for extended periods.