Together we work hard to support our family. It’s a big family comprised of people who hold different positions in our company. Each person who works with us is essential. We are only successful if we are all successful .
Berman Brothers and Rubin Iron Works are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or gender expression.
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic
SUPERVISOR: Maintenance Manager
Our Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for keeping all equipment & facilities operational. This includes but is not limited to heavy equipment repairs, building improvements, hot work, groundskeeping, fleet maintenance etc.
- Responsible for assisting with any maintenance projects around facility.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Maintains equipment and work area in order to safely perform duties.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Facility improvements including painting and cleaning
- Must adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards
- Professionally represent company at all times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must have ability to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb and stand or be seated for extended periods.
- Must be able to tolerate work environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, and work around/on moving equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a clear organized manner.
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial maintenance experience.
- Minimum of 2 years working with hydraulic troubleshooting & repairs.
- Ability to troubleshoot down equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems.
- Experience with basic metalworking. Welding, cutting, grinding etc.
- Experience working with heavy industrial equipment.
- Ability to read machine schematics, parts lists, and blueprints.
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Helper
SUPERVISOR: Maintenance Supervisor
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the maintenance department in facility care and upkeep.
- Mowing, weeding and landscaping of company property using a mower and hand tools.
- Assist with all maintenance projects.
- Yard debris clean up.
- Facility improvements including any and all construction tasks.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, organized manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Willing to work in an outdoor environment.
- Properly maintain equipment.
- Maintain a positive, respectful attitude with a strong sense of honesty and reliability.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Willingness to learn and be versatile;
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted;
- Ability to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb and stand or be seated for extended periods.